Summertime is in full swing and everyone knows that with the summer season comes the time off to travel. However, when you have braces, there is no time off from them — even when you’re on vacation. That’s why our orthodontics team has taken the time to put together a brief guide for our Fort Wayne patients of things to do and not do when you’re traveling with braces.
Your Ultimate Guid
- Avoid Sticky & Hard Foods: Although it’s your vacation, it is still necessary to remember the foods that should be avoided. Stay away from these foods, or else you may come back from vacation with an orthodontic problem on your hands!
- Remember to Bring Any & All Supplies: Dental emergencies happen. A wire could poke out, or a bracket could become loose. To prepare for these types of situations, our orthodontics team recommends traveling with the right supplies to temporarily soothe your irritated gums until you return home.
- Make a Travel Kit: It is important to be prepared for anything that could occur while you are miles and miles away from Hoagburg Orthodontics. Bring your floss threaders, dental wax, extra rubber bands, and a toothbrush to be ready for everything.
- Tell Your Orthodontist about Your Trip: Make sure to inform Dr. Hoagburg about your trip so that we can schedule you for a pre-departure check-up.
- Keep up Your Oral Hygiene Routine: As all patients should know, your oral hygiene is very important during and after your orthodontics treatment. So make sure you are still keeping up with your brushing and flossing during your vacation time.
- Have an Amazing Time: It is your vacation! Kick back, relax, and smile as much as you can!
Contact Your Fort Wayne Orthodontist with Any Questions
Summertime is the season to be stress free and enjoy your time off. If you follow these recommended best practices while you are on vacation, your trip should be smooth sailing! At Hoagburg Orthodontics, it is very important to us that you have a great orthodontic experience. Contact us if you have any questions, and don’t forget to come in for a pre-departure check up!