Dear Parents and Patients,
I hope you and your families are safe and healthy during these difficult times! I wanted to update you on how Hoagburg Orthodontics is dealing with the Covid-19 virus pandemic. Governor Holcomb is now allowing Dentists and Orthodontists to resume seeing their patients starting Monday April 27th. The Governor will review this every seven days to make sure that Personal Protective Equipment are still available for health care workers fighting COVID-19.
The primary concerns on all of our minds are safety for our patients and team members! The CDC, American Dental Association, the Indiana Dental Association and the American Association of Orthodontists have put in place guidelines for us to follow to help prevent the spread of the virus and to protect our patients and team members.
There are several changes we will be implementing as we open. Until further notice, the following procedures will be in place:
- Please arrive a few minutes early and text or call us at 260-486-4400 to let us know that you are in the parking area. We will then text you when we are ready to have both the patient and the responsible party enter the office. A greeter will meet with you and go over a Supplemental Health Questionnaire that you will need to sign each time the patient comes for an appointment.
- It is recommended that we keep the number of people in the office to a minimum; therefore we are requesting that only the patient and one parent/guardian enter the building.
- Please do not come to the office if anyone in your household is exhibiting any symptoms of illness. Call and we will reschedule.
- The coffee bar and children’s play area will be closed until further notice..
- The rest rooms and the tooth brushing areas will be closed unless absolutely needed for patient care. Please have the patient brush their teeth before they come to their appointment.
- We also request that while you are in the office you practice social distancing of at least six feet.
- We will be spacing out patients in the office by using only some of the clinic chairs at a time. Some procedures will only be done in certain areas of the office.
Thank you for understanding and hopefully we all will get through this together with everyone’s health intact.
Dr Hoagburg and Team